P Villoslada (IDIBAPS) / J García Ojalvo (UPF)
The group is focused in:
- The study of the pathogenesis of MS (microglia activation and axonal damage) and development of new neuroprotective therapies for the disease using systems biology and
- The study signalling pathways in the immune system using systems biology approach, and we apply our tools and models to the analysis of MS.
The main contributions to REEM are:
- Analysis of the role of immune response in CNS damage in collaboration with K Vandenbroeck, Villoslada/Garcia-Ojalvo, O Fernandez, F de Castro and C Guaza.
- Study of the role of the Epstein-Barr virus and human herpesvirus 6 in the pathogenesis of MS in collaboration with A Alcami, A Navarro and M Comabella.
- Development of new biomarkers for MS based in omics technologies in collaboration with M Comabella, A Saiz, L Villar, O Fernandez and E Urcelay.